Understanding landing page experience
Landing page experience refers to how a user views and interacts with a specific page, mainly the home page design. Having a great landing page will lead to more sales, better customer relations, and will even place you higher on Googles search results. Here are some ways you can improve your landing page experience by:
- provide relevant, useful, and original content that correlates to your business
- make it easy for users to understand and navigate
- making it accessible to all viewers; desktop, mobile, tablet
- invoke interest in users to explore more of your site
Why landing page experience matters
Landing pages are the storefront to your online business, and just like brick & mortar locations, a good customer experience is key to landing more sales and improving customer relationships. As well as making your website more appealing to users, having a good landing page design is crucial for good placement on Google searches.
Improving your landing page experience
A bad landing page experience can deter users from staying on your site long, or even staying long enough for it to load if the site is too slow. If you’re experiencing low conversion rates or high bounce rates, it may be time for a new landing page design. Below are a couple ways a websites landing page design can be improved to engage users and help improve your Google Rank.
- Relevant, useful and original content
- Make sure your landing page is directly relevant to your business
- Provide useful information on your landing page that describes your intentions
- Try to offer unique and original features
- Authority and Reliability
- Make it easy for visitors to find your contact information, this helps show authenticity
- If you request personal information from customers, make it clear why you’re asking for it and what you’ll do with it, an SSL certificate is always highly recommended when user information is being taken.
- Distinguish sponsored links, like ads, from the rest of your site content.
- Openly share information about your business and clearly state what your business does.
- Ease of navigation
- Create an easy to use navigation where users can access all pages
- Make it quick and easy for users to find the content they need
- Don’t annoy customers with pop-ups or other features that interfere with their navigation on your site such as delayed email capture aggregators.
- Make sure people can easily find information to learn more about your business and services offered.
Google crawlers index websites quite frequently, so if you’ve made significant changes to improve your landing page experience, it could lead to a higher Google Ranking over time. As with all SEO efforts, you might not see an immediate impact, but you may see results within weeks or months.
Your landing page loading time
If it takes too long for your website to load when someone clicks on a link, they’re more likely to give up and leave your website. This unwelcome behavior can signal to Google that your landing page experience is poor, which could negatively impact your Google Rank, and ultimately your website visits and sales . That’s why you want to make sure your landing page load time is up to speed.
Here are a few tips to help improve your load time:
- Make sure your landing page loads quickly once someone clicks on your website, whether on a desktop or mobile device. A loading time below 1.5 seconds is good, however anything below 1 second is considered very good.
- Help customers quickly find what they’re looking for by prioritizing the content that’s visible above-the-fold.
- Utilize the PageSpeed Insights tool offered by Google to measure the performance of your landing page and get tips on how you can improve the loading time.